Except where stated, the information on this website is the copyright of the NZ Transport Agency and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 New Zealand licence (Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Licence). The material protected by NZ Transport Agency copyright may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge.
Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal or inhouse use should be directed to the BikeReady team, NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 6995, Wellington 6141, New Zealand, or email BikeReady@nzta.govt.nz.
The permission to reproduce material protected by NZ Transport Agency copyright does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
- The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of that information. However, the NZ Transport Agency:
- may change, delete, add to or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. (The NZ Transport Agency neither endorses the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites.)
You may browse and access the majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information.
We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services and may share data this with our BikeReady partners for this purpose. We use Google Analytics, a third party service to analyse the web traffic data for us.
We may collect, hold and use statistical information about visits to help us improve the site, for instance:
(a) Your IP address
(b) The search terms you uses
(c) The pages accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
(d) The data and time you visited the site
(e) The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
(f) Your operating system (eg Windows 10, Mac OS X)
(g) The type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox)
The data is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our web analytics will also respect any ‘do not track’ settings you might have set on your browser.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, through email feedback or by completing a form), we want you to know that we will protect your personal information, and that we will only collect, use, store, and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (external link)
If you subscribe to a BikeReady update alert or newsletter we will collect your name and email address. Once subscribed, your details will be added to a mailing list that is used to distribute e-newsletters.
The Transport Agency monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – the number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email
- Email client usage – which email account (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email
- Regions – where this email has been opened
- Bounced – the number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full
- Not opened – the number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email
- Shares – the number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber
- Most popular links – the most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email.
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected. You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise that right or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please write to:
NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 6995
Alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some documents published on this site are in PDF format.
To view and print these documents you’ll need to obtain and install a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. To get the free Adobe Reader go to the Adobe website,(external link) then follow the instructions to download the version applicable to you.
The free Adobe Reader enables you to view, navigate, and browse PDF files, either inside a web browser or in a stand-alone application.